Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Wednesday























Clever title today, huh? That is kind of the mood I'm in...and I need to pump myself up a bit if I'm going to get this day moving! Look at beautiful Dara up there. I miss the pool so much. Who would have thought just 7 or 8 months ago that I would miss it so much? I REALLY miss open swims! My wetsuit hasn't touched my body since Pac Crest - poor baby.

My goal is to be back in the pool by next Monday. Hold me to it!
I also need to get down to the bike shop to try out some new bikes - I need to quit putting it off or my offer from husband for a new bike will expire. This weekend for sure! Hold me to it!

I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to train with Team in Training again in '09, but I'm concerned about relying on the donations of family again for a third time. If anyone has any great fund-raising ideas, help... It is such a great cause, I know I can find a way.

Ok, since I'm kind of in a mood, I better let someone else do the talking for a while...
Here's some odds and ends for you...

If standard of living is your major objective, quality of life almost never improves, but if quality of life is your number one objective, your standard of living almost always improves. - Zig

When you exercise your freedom to express yourself at the lowest level, you ultimately condemn yourself to live at that level. - Zig

The only way to coast is downhill. - Zig

I found every single successful person I've ever spoken to had a turning point. The turning point was when they made a clear, specific unequivocal decision that they were not going to live like this anymore; they were going to achieve success. Some people make that decision at 15 and some people make it at 50, and most people never make it at all. - Brian Tracy

2 comments:

Anna Smith, MSA, NASM CPT said...

Hey
old skool advice:
leverage that pool commitment
leverage that bike shop goal

keep it up Jules!

Kelly Olexa said...

I feel that I've had a couple turning points in my life. The 2nd one is RIGHT NOW. Only good things come from a turning point.
;-)
K