Saturday, December 5, 2009

Speaking Faith Filled Words



After my run today I had quite the pity-post to share, but I refuse to let those thoughts take up my time today. Instead I turned a few more pages in Joel Osteen's "It's Your Time" and I replace those discouraging words with some advice from him:

I am blessed. I am prosperous. I am favored. I am healthy. I am free.

When you speak faith, you are in agreement with God. When you speak defeat, you're in agreement with the enemy.

God-talk brings God on the scene. Enemy-talk brings the enemy on the scene. All through the day there are two voices competing for our attention - the voice of faith and the voice of defeat.

Now you must choose which choice comes to life. Make your choice known by speaking out. The moment you verbalize that thought, you give it the right to come to pass. When you choose negative words, you choose the wrong voice.

Get in agreement with God. That other voice may be louder, but you can override it. You can take away all of its power by simply choosing the voice of faith.

I am blessed. 
I am prosperous. 
I am favored.
I am healthy. 
I am free.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this. Sometimes I will feel like I'm entitled to have a bad day or think negative and feel sorry for myself. And like you said, I have two voices going on in my head because I KNOW that God doesn't want me to feel that way but part of me just wants to. But it's so true, when I DO lift it up to Him, he helps me take the focus off of me!

A Prelude To... said...

Abby - I have days when I pray that God will help me through a situation and then AS He's helping me, I basically tell him, "Not today, God. I'm in a mood. I'm going to stay in this mood. I decline your help." I amaze myself at how often this actually happens...