Sunday, August 29, 2010

Kiara Tackles The Trails #19 - Falls Creek Falls

I've had a fantastic last 12 hours or so. Church last night was fun and hilarious. So funny that I had tears streaming down my very scrunched up face while I was laughing so hard I wasn't even making any noise combined with my body convulsed in those weird laugh jerks where you're trying to stop, but just can't. Now THAT, my friends, is good church :-)
Our guest pastor last night was Mike Meeks. I make sure to always be at church when he's there and when he's not...well, I listen to every single one of his sermons while I work. Here's the link to this great church in San Diego:
http://www.eastlakechurch.com/messages/
Just click on "click here to listen on line" and it takes you to the recent sermons.

When I got home, KATY had sent me this awesome button for my mission statement (which you can read in the comments section of her What's Your Mission Statement post).
Photobucket


Followed that up with an awesome night of sleep and then Ki and I headed out for our first mama/dog hike in a good long while. Falls Creek Falls is a sweet little hike in Washington.


The only thing that would have made it better was if the sun was shining down on the falls, but it was still gorgeous.
I knew it was a long drive for such a short hike and had tentative plans to hit another trail on the way home, but my ankles and feet made it clear that I needed to get off of them, so we headed home and I pulled out a library book I got last week "The Runner's Yoga Book"

The Runner's Yoga Book: A Balanced Approach to Fitness
by Jean Couch and for today's challenge, I did 30 minutes of Foundation stretches for feet, knees, and lower legs:
Fingers and Toes Entwined
Foot Extensions x3
Squat Series Pose I: Diamond Pose
Squat Series Pose II: Kneeling Foot Stretch
Squat Series Pose III: Bent-Knee Foot Balance
Squat Series Pose IV: Squat Pose
Hero Pose
Doorknob Stretch for Achilles and Calves
Achilles Tendon and Calf Stretch

My legs definitely feel better. I want to commit to doing this two times through each morning this week while the coffee pot gets going. I think I can do 20 second holds on each stretch and be able to get 2 times through in about 16 or 17 minutes. I'll let you know how I do.

1 comment:

Helen said...

LOVE your falls shot and video. I'll be sending a few of those your way too, as I'll be driving to some of our local spots! No wonder your family is so active - what a FANTASTIC location you live in...it must call you out of doors constantly!!!
Yoga - meh! It's a challenge for me. I am so not bendy...but I try!!!