Monday, October 11, 2010

Shackles

For Mom and Jenny <3


We had such a great weekend at Women of Faith. Attending it with Mom and SIL made it that much more special! We made a staycation out of it and stayed at a hotel Friday night.
If you've never attended Women of Faith, you MUST! It is such a special event. http://womenoffaith.com/dates-and-locations/10dates_Imagine.asp

I adored most of the speakers, but my favorite will probably always be Luci Swindoll. I want to be her when I grow up.
Luci Swindoll
Luci Swindoll

P90X Day 1 accomplished. It was back and chest and ab ripper. I'll get back to Ab Ripper X in a moment.
I really enjoyed the first workout. I decided to use bands for the back exercises that were replicating pull ups. I'll save assisted pullups and start with the pull up bar next week. I fiddled with the closet door and some material to try to get my band hooked up high and it worked good until the second set when the material tore in two and it all came snapping back at me. I managed to get out with only minor boobage bruising. I then tried to hook it up to my treadmill and almost pulled the monster over on me. I eventually put up the pullup bar and used that to loop the band through and it worked like a charm. There must be some easier way to do this that I don't know about.

Ok...Ab Ripper X (from Hell).
I have several things that I'm not good at and that I don't like to do: stretching, yoga, choreography cardio, and AB WORK! We were supposed to have done something like 336 ab/core exercise reps by the end of the 15 minutes. I probably got about 100 done. With each exercise they would be on rep 25 before I could even get into the teens.
I had Mai do it when she got home from school and when she finished she said it was the best 15 minutes of her life. Oh bother!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Julie,

Thanks for the advice for my marathon! I really appreciate the encouragement.

This is a great song. I think I'm going to put it on my ipod for my run, it has a great beat.

I'm with you on not liking to stretch and do ab work. I do like choreographed aerobics though. I try to convince myself that I get enough core work through all the sprinting and strength exercises that I do. But the ab ripper workout sounds good.

I've really enjoy your blog!!

A Prelude To... said...

Thanks so much, Abby!
I know you're going to have a great race!!!

Isn't this a great song? Imagine a stadium filled with thousands of women clapping and singing along. What a hoot!

Anonymous said...

Oh just wait until you try Tony's yoga...I hate it!!! The stretch DVD is awesome Julie, you'll love it and the kenpo-much fun!!! Good for you-almost makes me want to do it again...

Helen