Monday, November 1, 2010

In My Own Backyard


On the way to Tryon Creek yesterday, we drove by Mary S. Young Park and since I had never been there before, Ki and I went to explore it today. What A Find! I've been griping for so long about not having a running trail super close and here I find 5-8 miles of trails in my own backyard! What a great park. We went along this trail and that trail and then another trail...until we made out way down to the river and decided to circle Cedar Island. It took us 20 minutes to walk the very rocky/sandy circumference and what we found on the far side made me SO HAPPY!! Somewhere to do some open water swimming...that again... is right in my own backyard! I can't wait to take the kids there for swimming next summer. For now, we might just head down later to toss some rocks in the river.

No comments: