Saturday, December 18, 2010

Early Christmas

Grammy and Grampy arrived today for our early Christmas together. We'll be back down to see them next Sunday, but the presents must be delivered before Christmas!

We did A LOT of watching Jack's new lava lamp...

Spent more time than would seem necessary figuring out how to conquer the Bop It Bounce...

Moved here and there trying to get comfortable while reading an entire Wimpy Kid book...



Cuddled up with Grammy...
...and now they've left to head home and we miss them already :-(

...but Mai has her new pink boom box to remind her of them wherever she goes...next to her on the desk when she needs to google something, on the counter in the powder room when she's gotta go, back out into the living room while looking at the lava lamp and dreaming about what the elves will bring tonight...

The boys have gone to see Tron, so us two girls are going to cuddle up snug as  bugs in a rug and get lost in the magic of Polar Express.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

So sweet! Sounds like the perfect winter day!

Amanda@runninghood said...

how special! And we love love Fancy Nancy...I noticed your daughter is reading it. ;)

Anonymous said...

I haven't heard of the Bop it Bounce! Naomi wants a bop it.

So what that your Mom and Dad or your husbands?

Hope you and Mai enjoyed your snuggle time!

Anonymous said...

oops I meant to say WAS that!

A Prelude To... said...

Keelie - it was a nice early Christmas treat!

Amanda - We love a good Fancy Nancy story!!

Abby - I love regular Bop it. We all play. Daddy is the master.
I haven't gone through all the the Bop It Bounce games as I'm still trying to figure out how to keep a steady hand.

Those were MY parents :-)
We'll spend Christmas morning here at home, then go over to my In-Laws around Noon and then head down to Eugene for a big celebration with my Dad's side of the family the day after Christmas.

Nathan said...

Your kids are so cute!

Looks like a really good visit with the grandparents. I wish those visits could last longer too.:) I remeber my first boom box. They didn't come in pink back then!

Love the photos.

Quinton J said...

Sweet. My girls have made it a tradition to watch Polar Express every Chirstmas Eve.

BTW...I'm lovin' your blog. It's one of my favs.

A Prelude To... said...

I LOVE Polar Express. One of my favorites -so magical.

Thanks for the love, Q!

Simply Life said...

Looks like a fun day!