- Mai made it through the night Friday at the sleepover (Hooray!)...but she came home "needing" a flat screen tv in her room, her own laptop, a demand for a hot tub, swearing, and a suggestion that I could lose 20 pounds.
- Jack loved being an only child for those 24 hours. When I asked him to come up with a down-side to not having his sister around, he had to think for quite some time and then said "you know how you're always screaming at us to pick wet towels up off the floor?...well...without her here, I would have no one to blame that on." NICE! Hope this love sticks around ;P
|I think this era of sweetness is over and a new one has begun.|
- I took Jack to a birthday party Sunday night. They had a shark cake...kind of like this one
- Remember I've been practicing my bike tire changing so I could win the contest at practice? I'm pretty much stuck at 4 minutes - but I just found out that the pot is usually at about $1000 (donated to our TNT page) to be split among the people who beat coach at the tire change. I had no idea it was that high. I'm in super tire changing mode now. I think I'll practice twice a day for that kind of cash! Have you all been practicing your tire changing??????
- I ran my longest run in two years yesterday. 11 miles! It was the fastest I've run that distance in YEARS, though. Some runs are just meant to be. I felt great. I picked a route I used to use for marathon training. As I was running, the sun was shining just right down on my face and I passed a landmark and a memory of this run from '06 flashed through my mind. That was probably the best run I had EVER had. I was keeping an 8:30m/m - 8:45m/m pace (in '06) and everything felt fantastic! It was a great memory and totally fueled me over the remaining miles I had yesterday. I did the first 7 miles at about a 9:30 pace and finished with a 9:51m/m average. I'm GOOD with that! I did have issues from the start with my left glute and left ankle, so I'm taking extra good care of them right now with ice packs, stretching, and ibuprofen.
- I can't believe I'm running again. I want to cry....happy tears, of course!