this Sunday and now I need to figure out my distance. They offer 30, 48, 60, 80, and 100 mile options. I signed up for 60 because we have a 50 miler on the schedule and with my math, somehow 60 seemed closer to 50 than 48??
So my dilemma is do I do the 48? which has 2,221 ft of ascent?
or the 60? which has 4,069 ft of ascent?
Doing the 60
- Better bragging rights.
- Take on some gnarly hills and equally gnarly downhills. Again...bragging rights.
- Riding with my friend Michele (we're all spending the night at her house in the gorge the night before the ride).
- I would be the slowest of the people doing the 60 and therefore would probably be dropped by Michele because she is a monster on the bike.
- I would be the last of our group of 18 to make it back to the cars and would therefore be the cause of people not getting their hot tub, beer and BBQ on in the earliest possible fashion.
- I have a brick the day before ~ 40 mile ride/6 mile run.
- Coach Glen would probably keel over if he knew, because the schedule calls for a "nice & easy" L1 ride.
What will I do?
Will I drink enough alcohol the night before in the hot tub and make a decision I will later regret? Like the 80 mile option.
Will I snore so loudly that we all have trouble sleeping and then everyone is so tired we sleep through the alarm clock and miss the ride altogether?