Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving Week

Let's see...I know some stuff happened this week, but it's all become a bit of a blur. Last night the kids were with family at a big cousin sleepover, so I took advantage of the alone time to watch a non-Disney movie, drink some wine and relax. Just as I slipped into bed sometime after 11pm, I received a distressed phone call from the wee girl that one of her stuffed animals was MIA. After searching my car, them searching the car we transferred her to, and listening to a LOT of tears, we came to the conclusion she must be at the meeting place where we shuffled kids and sleeping bags and favorite stuffies around. I promised her I would go find said stuffy and I assume tearful baby girl eventually fell asleep without "Pinky" because I did not get a second call. Unfortunately for the runaway lamb, I had one glass of wine too many to be able to drive to her until this morning. With coffee in hand, I made my way to her last known location and prayed for the best. Prayers were answered.

She didn't even get rained on.

We had a nice and relaxing holiday at Mom and Dad's. I say relaxing in that I did nothing but heat up some corn for Thanksgiving dinner. Mom probably didn't find it quite as mellow. She did pass down the best family chocolate pie recipe to Mai...

Grampy and Mai made some cute name card holders...
Jack was addicted to the Weird Facts app on my iPhone and decided to prove one of them wrong...


I went for a pre-chocolate pie for breakfast run and then tried to stretch out my sweaty self while the "kids" played with their remote control helicopters which were a hit with young and mature alike...

My run, by the way, was fantastic. I'm glad I've taken some time off to let my left leg get some needed rest. I'm trying to slowly bump up my mileage in order to start the 18 week RLRF training plan around Christmas to get me ready for Eugene.

Boot campers still showed up (mostly) during this holiday week. Mai was my "assistant" this week and got up at 5am every day of her holiday break to help me with boot camp play in the bouncy houses. I tried to snap a few pictures for the boot camp web page we're creating, but my iPhone camera is just not giving me great pictures. My 6 o'clock class refused to be photographed in their early a.m. state, but some of the 7a.m.ers were game for some quick shots as they played in the bouncy obstacle course...


Our workout yesterday...

and our favorite song on yesterday's playlist (don't watch this if you don't want to get an eyeful...that means YOU, Mom!)

Girl, look at that body.
I work out!
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle yeah!

15 comments:

Julie said...

LOL! My boys just showed me that video last week!

Glad class is going well for you and that you are running pain free!

Unknown said...

I am all over the bouncy slides on Monday! Can't wait!

Anonymous said...

I cannot get over that video! I am tearing up! What? That is you make the poor people do on Thanksgiving weekend? I know that I wouldn't be smiling at the end, that's certain! :-P

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

I just saw that video earlier this week. LOVE IT. Funniest thing I have seen in a long time.

SO glad you found the runaway stuffed animal! That could have been tragic!

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

I just saw that video earlier this week. LOVE IT. Funniest thing I have seen in a long time.

SO glad you found the runaway stuffed animal! That could have been tragic!

Abby @ Have Dental Floss, Will Travel said...

Glad the lamb made it home safe and sound! I once dropped my watch (with my wedding ring attached) as I was getting out of the car in front of my house. I realized it several hours later and was more than a little relieved to find it still out there in the street. Yikes!

Raina said...

Mai is so talented. Did she make a nut for my son? How thoughtful!

Glad you found the stuffy!
We have a few security items too...

Hope you are having a great weekend!!

Michael said...

I hadn't seen the video, but I totally love that song and have it on my Ipod! Glad you had a great run...those are always truly fantastic!!

I can't believe the lamb was still there..intact. So glad for Mai.

Coy Martinez said...

My 12 year old daughter came up to me in the kitchen the other day and asked me if I had seen that video! She said that she was scarred for life. Then I watched it and am pretty sure that I'll never be the same. EVER.

I've been down that road with a missing stuffed animal. My youngest has one that he calls "blanket" and even though he's warped, he's well loved :)

ajh said...

Glad you found the lamb. Sounds like you had some nice relaxing time!

CautiouslyAudacious said...

Ha Ha I had to put the same disclaimer when I shared that video, but my mom still watched it :-) Sounds like you had a great holiday!

Kate Geisen said...

That song makes me smile every time I hear it. :)

We've had many a late-night scavenger hunt for J's blankie. Ugh.

Katie @ Will Race for Carbs said...

I am so glad you got the lamb back. If my son lost his favorite dinosaurs or even worse my daughter lost her blanket, it would be horrible! That boot camp looks so fun and I am glad it is going well!

adena said...

Hi Julie! You were a winner for the give-away on my blog. Can you shoot me a note with a few scents you'd like to try so we know what direction to go (be achy, floral, foodie) when we send you the package? Also I'll need your mailing address.. You can email me at adena dot tri at gmail dot com.

Thanks!!!!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

That song is awesome, the video is distrubing

I want to go on a bouncy slide