Saturday, February 11, 2012

'Cause I'm T.N.T...

...I'm dynamite
T.N.T. and I'll win that fight
T.N.T. I'm a power load
T.N.T. watch me explode

I forgot to tell you all that I'm back for another season with Team In Training!!! Watch out Pac Crest 1/2 Ironman...I'm coming for you again!!!
The season started two weeks ago and our first real run was last Saturday. Although we work out 6-7 days per week (often with our teammates) our official group workouts are every Saturday and they alternate between long runs, long rides, and bricks (bike then run). Last weekend was a run along the waterfront after a great Run and Shoe Clinic at Portland Running where Dave informatively talked about everything from shoes, to body glide to bras. I mostly concentrated on inhaling my pre run bagel and being happy to see my friends again.

After we heard from our honored teammate's family about what has been going on with Alex (he's doing GREAT!!) since his transplant...

...we all headed down to the waterfront to do our dynamic stretching...


...followed by a big Go Team...


...and then headed out for a run on a most beautiful Portland day...

Today is a little less sunny, a little more damp, and the schedule calls for a 25 mile ride followed by a 10 minute transition run, and then more importantly followed by some cajun tots at McMenamin's Kennedy School :-)

As always, I race with Team in Training to honor mom who has been living with and fighting blood cancer and in memory of Michael.
JULIE'S TEAM IN TRAINING PAGE

10 comments:

Colorado Gal said...

I've been looking into TNT to run in honor of my Aunt who just passed from cancer also. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like they are doing the marathon that I want to run, so I'm not sure it'll work out, but I wish it would!

Ransick said...

That team in training looks fun!

Katie @ Will Race for Carbs said...

I would love to do tnt at some point. What a great cause and it looks like you guys have a lot of fun.

Grammy said...

Humbly thankful to be so honored. I love you.

Terzah said...

I actually read this post while listening to the song. It made me want to do some dynamic stretching myself. :^)

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Thanks for taking part of TNT

Julie said...

You are awesome!

Nelly said...

Good luck at TNT! Looks like a great group to train with.

Snowboarding is a blast, but I would recommend taking a lesson if you try it for the first time, otherwise you are in for a world of pain all the falling, haha Yea it was awesome having no one on the slopes!

Elizabeth said...

woohoo!! GO TEAM!!

Nikki Kendall said...

Proud of you! GOOOO TEAM!