Tuesday, August 21, 2012

You Never Get Any Fun...

...Out of the Things You Have Not Done...

This girl continually teaches me that it's all about LIVING.
Living large, living in the moment, living with your heart pounding wildly in your chest!

She plays hard, she works hard, and she's constantly in motion. Everything is fun to her. Isn't that how it should be? Somewhere along the way we start to limit ourselves. Instead of trying to figure out when and how that happened, I'm simply moving forward with her as my 8 year old guide. Some might say that as the adult, I am the one teaching her. I'm starting to think it is quite the other way around.

What has made your inner daring 8 year old come out in you lately?
Are you living large? In the moment? What makes your heart pound mightily in your chest these days?

I have to say that the rope swing made me feel pretty good the other day :D

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

"You never get any fun from the things you don't do". Hmm... I think I'm going to adopt this quote :-) It's been way too long since I did anything even remotely as fun. Mai would be so disappointed in me.

A Prelude To... said...

Melie -

Start today! I dare you to do something silly or fun or exciting and report back in to Mai :-)

Julie

Terzah said...

Julie, I love the monkey bars photo in particular! I hope my kids are like that when they are eight.

My great moment recently was finding that my abs have gotten strong enough to make going across playground monkey bars sort of....easy again. I discovered this, and then did it again just to make sure. My kids loved it. :^)

ajh said...

It would have to be these darn triathlons I am attempting. Some wonderful pictures!

Jill said...

Love it!! :) She's quite the adventurist ... just like her momma! :)

Kate Geisen said...

I've loved that quote ever since I first saw it on your blog. I try to hold it in my heart along with my teammate's phrase "Just think how great the story WOULDN'T be if it ended with 'and then it got hard and we quit.'"

This upcoming race and the high ropes definitely is calling on my inner adventurous spirit to come out of hiding. :)

Molly said...

that surfing pool is so cool! This whole summer I've been living in the moment, appreciating every single gorgeous day! : )

Julie said...

I agree with Jill...she must have taken after her Mom! I love the sprirt you both show!

Teamarcia said...

How fun! There's something about kids that brings back the kid in all of us, I think. I rode 'the big coasters' with my kids at Great America last weekend and remember how fearless I was as a kid.
She is adorable!

genius786 said...

This is realy worth writting.. thanx for sharing.
anybody can guide me through hcg diet and how to lose weight fast