Thursday, May 10, 2007

Brussel Sprout Burps Blow

~Erica Hamilton





















Update: p.m. workout done. Did full body workout and then 15 minutes on the Cybex elliptical. We hadn't tried it before and it looks so funky we decided to hop on. I was huffing and puffing and my quads hurt so bad and Steve is like "what's wrong?, you ok? Are you gonna hurl?" I'm like...hello - I'm working out, why is this so easy for you? 10 minutes later I realize I'm on level
45 and he's on level 15. Oh Brother! So he bumps it up and says "wow, this is hard" and drops it back down again.

I finally tried brussel sprouts yesterday. I guess it's possible I could get used to them. I just tried them baked with a little olive oil pam and salt and pepper. The burps all afternoon were just obnoxious. When I took them out of the oven, Steve said they looked like Rocky Mountain Oysters. I don't know if he's ever seen any, but I don't think they look like this. Maybe the thought was what started my gag reflex, though.

Today's a.m. cardio today on empty tummy
20 min Treadclimber
20 min Startrac Elliptical

Tonight will be RT at the gym if this incredibly protien packed, spicier than SPICY chili I'm gulping down sits ok.

Thought for the Day ~
The thoughts in your mind will always be more important than the things in your life.
-J. Maxwell

Being about the business of being me,
Julie

1 comment:

GClef1970 said...

JULIE!!! SO glad you let me know where you are. I'll keep it under my hat. I know how that goes when everyone seems to be eyeballing every move you make.
In light of everything that's been going on, I probably haven't worked out in 2 weeks. Scale is holding steady, but that's not satisfying to me. Back at it after Mother's Day.
I laughed at the brussel sprouts. I think they're an aquired taste. If you don't like boiled cabbage, you'll probably never like brussel sprouts, either. Plenty of other yummy veggies out there.
Love ya!!