Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Golfing, Knitting and Coloring Books




First ~ MONDAY NIGHT LADIES GOLF WAS FUN!! I now have something to do every Monday night from now through the end of Summer! I will definately be back. There were probably 20-25 ladies there and the instructor was wonderful. Not sure if I'm a natural, but at least I hit the ball... a lot - my back is sore today. I enjoyed the wine and snacks last night but they'll be easy to pass up in the future. The wine, I'm sure, didn't help my swing.

I've been trying for some time to find some little relaxing things I can pick up and put down while being with the kids and to keep my hands occupied and out of the fridge. I've found two so far - knitting and coloring. I've actually only finished one knitting project, if you remember my purple scarf from last Summer. I've got about 3 or 4 projects going but the one that is getting my attention right now is my VIBRANT new scarf, probably because it's one stitch and I don't have to think at all. We call it the fruit loops scarf because that's what it looks like on my knitting needles. Mai wants me to make her a matching one - won't we be cute this Fall?! She also has orders for at least one blanket for her Baby Noah...apparently he's been getting cold at night.

Relaxing thing #2 ~ my new big people coloring books. I bought two on a whim for Mom and I when we went to Hawaii last month. Now, I'm no artist, but they keep me occupied and the kids like to watch me - or color next to me. No longer do I start a page opposite Mai in her coloring books only to have her add her own touches or make me change the page before I finish. These are mine... ALL MINE! I need to buy some better pencils - ones that are more vibrant.

We came back from Hawaii to some yucky weather - thunder, lightening and hail. The kids were so sad to be locked inside for almost two weeks after being on the beach every day and thinking Summer had arrived. But yesterday started what is hopefully our Summer - beautiful weather and we dug out the turtle pool for some fun. Hoping to get them a bigger pool and one of those inflatable slip 'n slides this year, but they had fun anyway...

Verse of the Day~
Let each of you look out not only for his own interests,
but also for the interests of others.
--Philippians 2:4


Getting where I want to be:
In His peaceful presence,
Julie


No comments: