Sunday, May 6, 2007

To Be About The Business of Being Me


Fresh new blog. I like the feel of it. So...the title...well, I'm learning more and more about myself every day - crazy to think that what seems like for years and decades I wasn't learning - or wasn't paying attention or wasn't trying. So now I golf (well, I will as of tomorrow) and I surf (well, it's still in the planning phases, but I swear I'm going to do it) and now I pay attention to my life and my loves and my future...the eternal one. So I will Live, Love, Laugh and be Happy as Mitch Miller used to sing on our old record player when I was growing up. This blog is dedicated to recapturing some of the fun. And of course, it will also follow along my fitness journey.

Had to post my pic so I could get it in my profile. It's from the Luau Mom and I went to.

I was reading Kristin's blog today about a bike ride she was on this week...a ride that made her whole, if only for an instant: ~
"...and for a moment I could hear nothing but the rushing wind and feel the breeze kiss my face in a rush of excitement. I closed my eyes for a moment and realized for the first time in 24 hours that I was thinking of nothing. Not planning, not hurting, just experiencing that exact moment in time.

Where it was just me and the wind.........like old friends.

My brain flickered to a time when I would ride my bike down the big hill on my street when I was a child. Back when it was still 187 Vestavia Hills and Laurie Lou's dad was still alive. The Alabama sun was warm on my sunkissed skin and skinned knees. Just tossing my head back and laughing, relishing the speed and the feel of the wind. Thinking of nothing, just being.

For a moment, just a moment, I did not have this new knowledge that my mom was sick. Very sick. That there were "a lot" of new legions on her brain and brain stem. That there was nothing I could do about it. For a moment I was just being... feeling sure there would still be a mom there fixing a peanutbutter apple for a snack when I got home from playing outside.

I was beautifully distracted by the woosh of the wind in my ears and the sun on my face.

For a moment, just a moment, I was whole."

BEAUTIFUL, Kristin! I loved it. I felt the sun on my face as I read along.
************************************************************************************
Verse of the Day ~
The Lord your God in your midst,
The Mighty One, will save;
He will rejoice over you with gladness,
He will quiet you with His love,
He will rejoice over you with singing.
--Zephaniah 3:17

From Liz Curtis Higgs ~
Imagine this: The Lord, the Mighty One, in your midst right now -- seated across from you at the kitchen table or perched on the arm of your favorite overstuffed chair -- quieting you with his love, whispering sweet somethings in your ear, singing gentle songs of peace, joy, and gladness.
*************************************************************
Rest day, loose eats.


Being about the business of being me,
Julie