Friday, January 18, 2008

Catching up on the Week

























It's been a busy week. Busy and good. Tuesday was supposed to be my 10 mile make-up run. I managed to get to mile 9 before I stopped. My legs were fine, but I had horrible heartburn. Skipped legs on Wednesday but on Thursday I got up early for a 5:30am spin class, which I think I'll start attending regularly twice a week for a little bit.

Yesterday was my first day at the new womens bible study at church. It's Beth Moore's Daniel and I think it is going to be a wonderful experience. I am always SO hungry for the interaction of a bible study and have always had trouble being able to get to the ones put on by the church due to feeling like I need to be home with the kids or give Steve a break with the kids or because with only one car, the timing didn't work out for me to leave Steve and the kids stranded. I've tried to rely on doing them on my own or doing them on-line, but I really crave the input of faithful women who are more mature than me not only in their walk with God but just in their life-walk in general. I really need a mentor for my life and getting more involved at church just seems the right thing for me now that the kids are growing up a bit. The kids' program is really just phenomenal there, too. Jack and Mai have gone sporadically for some time now and more recently they've been attending Promiseland regularly and they LOVE IT.

There were about 30 women so we were split into 2 smaller groups. A couple of ex-pastors wives, most women around my age, women with small kids like me, a runner!, a woman that reminds me of Elizabeth George (of the series A Woman After God's Own Heart), and just a lot of women who seemed so open and friendly!!

GREAT NEWS!! My cousin, Michael, is currently in some type of remission. Still lots of stuff I don't know ... like if the bone marrow transplant is off or why they are starting a new round of chemo today, but it still sounds like GREAT NEWS!!!

So today is an Upper Body workout with Tracy and then off and running on errands and my to-do list. Tomorrow I'm up bright and early for a day in the snow with my SIL and her running friends. We're going snowshoeing at Trillium Lake and I can't wait!! Should be absolutely gorgeous and hopefully I'll get some good pics.

Update on today's workout to follow...

No comments: