Saturday, February 2, 2008

Snow Day
















We had our second team run today up at Forest Park at Leif Erickson. For some reason I thought it would be too warm today to wear my fleece. I headed out fleeceless and as soon as I got downtown it started snowing. My gas light had gone on as soon as I left the house but I didn't have time to stop or I might not make it in time to run with the team so I just kept on moving - only had $3 on me anyways. So I'm puttering around on fumes, running late and dressed for Summer on what turned out to be a very snowy run.

We ran for an hour today. It was slushy for the first 1/4 mile or less (see us at the start in the picture) and full out snow the rest of the way up. It was beautiful! I wish I had taken my camera on the run! I struggled a bit getting into a groove but of course a fellow teammate showed up by my side and before I knew it we had talked and talked our way into 4 miles and it was all downhill from there (literally downhill...my favorite part of Leif Erickson is the 2nd half!!). Right shoelace came untied with a 1/2 mile to go and the left one followed at 1/4 mile but I said NO WAY am I stopping so I made it to the finish with both shoes flopping off my feet. It was a great way to spend a Saturday morning!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH TO EVERYONE WHO HAS DONATED THIS WEEK!!! Knowing you believe in me and in the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's mission is HEARTWARMING to say the least. Love you all!!

Had a fun time with Mai at the mall today. Mai and Jack watched Shark Boy and Lava Girl yesterday and decided they needed their own journals...so our first stop was Barnes & Noble for Jack's Dream Journal and Mai's Field Journal. Mai just plopped her self down on the floor at REI and filled up her journal pages and let me shop and shop and shop. I needed a bike helmet for our first team ride tomorrow so I got that out of the way. I also needed goggles for my FIRST EVER REAL SWIM on Monday. I wanted a sleek blue but the only ones that felt good were baby girl pink, which I LOVE, but Steve says look silly (see them on Mai above) so that's what I ended up with. The rest of the time was spent "window shopping"...or sports lusting - THAT STORE KILLS ME!!! I LOVE IT!

Hopefully I'll report back with only good stuff about my first bike ride tomorrow...

No comments: