Monday, September 29, 2008

Not Enough Hours In The Day
































I'm sure everyone will agree with me that there are just not enough hours in the day to do all the things "I WANT" to do. If I had my way, I would sleep 9 hours at night and spend 2 hours at the gym and take saunas and hot tubs, and enjoy a peaceful 2 hours in bible study and cook my family yummy healthy meals that we eat together at the table without rushing around. I would never have to tell my kids to wait for me while I'm doing something else that "needs" to be done. I would walk my dog more and take her on hikes every day. I would have a clean house and I would wear make-up. I would participate in every fun sports activity around town - a different event every weekend. I would go on dates with my husband to fun clubs and out to new movies and plays, I would go out with friends and golf every Wednesday. The list as you know, goes on and on and on...and on...and on...There has got to be a way to level things out...
It really makes me appreciate how much time and fun I wasted when I was in my 20s and early 30s - I could have packed a LOT more fun into my days back then if I knew what I know now.
I know I can do some things differently - it's weighing heavy on me. I need to be more organized and that's a huge part of this issue - or maybe it's just me rebelling against my new bible study (Living beyond "Myself").

Friday was a fun day for the kids - Mai had a bike-a-thon and Jack (with Mai by his side, of course) had a jog-a-thon - both fundraisers for their schools. Saturday they started Skyhawks which is an introduction to soccer/basketball/baseball. They had so much fun!! Yesterday we headed to our favorite park. The grass is still lush and green there at this time of the year, but one hill is always brown and dry and it's great for sledding so we took some snow discs and a couple cardboard boxes and went sledding. Note to self: next time dress the kids in long sleeves and pants...the road rash was not fun at bedtime last night - poor Mai got the worst of it in her tank and short shorts.

I'm excited that Tracy and I start working out together again today. We haven't been at the gym together since mid June - ackk!!

No comments: