Sunday, November 23, 2008

Kiara Tackles the Trails #11 Willamette Mission State Park

Kiara Tackles the Trails #11 ( I didn't count right somewhere along the way...we ARE on her 11th new trail) - Willamette Mission State Park. The drive down was very foggy and we were surrounded by these fields of ?. I'm not sure what they grow here. I eventually came across some vineyards, but these were way too tall for grape vines...aren't they?














The fog finally cleared and I was COMPLETELY surprised to get to the trailhead and find THIS sign... I mean...I was only like two miles off of I-5. So...ya... a little freaked out. But I read the instructions that if attacked, I was encouraged to "fight back" so I felt much assured as I set out on this lonely trail...ya right.



















A lot of the trails were paved, but covered with a lovely coat of soft leaves. I'm pretty sure I have shin splints. The athletic portion of this adventure was somewhat pitiful. Couldn't walk, couldn't run, hobbled until I pulled my groin. Whatever. Kept going... because I just HAD TO SEE THE FAMED...



















..."Nation's Largest Black Cottonwood Tree". Hm... I guess I'm not so easily impressed anymore...



















And because the girls in this family are just hip like this....
















And...My neighbor, Larry, told me that a Christmas visitor came by his house last night...and sure nuff...there's that jolly ol' elf taking a rest in one of Larry's trees...Do you see him?

No comments: