Friday, November 21, 2008

My Paleo Day















I've contemplated the Paleo for Athletes nutrition guidelines for some time now. I DO feel so much better when I eat that way, so I thought I would see how far I would get yesterday. Breakfast was EWs, lean ham, veggies and pineapple and 1/2 grapefruit and strawberries and a cup of blueberries (not pictured) - I was stuffed when done.
















Next meal was pork chops. I topped them with avacado and non-paleo choice of a little blue cheese crumbles. As you can see, Ki was quite interested in those chops.














Next meal was a stir fry. This was where I really had to take a departure from my norm. NO SOY SAUCE. I have high BP and really need to reduce my sodium intake. I made it with lots of pineapple juice ~ it was sooooo spicy and yummy and I was so full of cucumber I couldn't finish the apple. I had another furry family member stalking this meal. I let Dave slurp up the final spicy juices and as you can from his face, he enjoyed it as well. C'mon, he's 15 years old...I think that if he can still get his old bones to jump to get up onto a table, he should be rewarded.














I had a double portion of my husband's chili - we've been making the EFL Turkey Chili with lots of burger but no beans. Very spicy. Yum. I added a tsp of flax oil and although I could taste it, it didn't change the flavor that much, so I'll probably keep adding it to my chili.
So I made it all the way through to 5 pm and I was satisfied and full and not even hungry, so I'm not sure why I dipped into some rice later, but I did. I think I will lean more towards Paleo today as well.

4 comments:

Kelly Olexa said...

Hmm I'm going to look up this Paleo diet thing = looks good, healthy, reasonable...
;-)
K

Visionquester said...

I like Paleo too... very Cross Fitish... I do eat sprouted grains routinely though...

Looks yummy and interesting.
~C.

Anna Smith, MSA, NASM CPT said...

I just dig the heck outta that mug.

A Prelude To... said...

haha on the mug. I was trying to scare the garlic from seeping out of all my pores after THIS meal.