Friday, June 5, 2009

The Day Before The Big Ride





















First, I have to give props to Mai. She is such a little athlete! I did two 90 degree runs this week in anticipation of the heat on race day and when we were at the dog park the other night, Mai did 8 laps around the park - running super fast in her flip flops. I could see people stopping her to ask her what in the heck she was doing - they were all as amazed at the determination of this little girl as I am. I overheard her telling someone she was heat training for Pac Crest. I love her so much. I am amazed by her. I am amazed by both of my kids. It just keeps getting better and better - this momhood stuff :o)

So tomorrow is our toughest ride of the year - Bull Run. It is a ride that nightmares are made of. 68 miles and last year it took us 5 hours and 50 minutes. It's beautiful, but oh so tough. I. Must. Get. Off. My. Bike. And. Walk. This. Hill. Tough. - but you don't get off, and you finish it and then your quads cramp up so bad you cry all the way home. Well, that was my story last year. We'll see how it goes tomorrow :o)
I still don't have my bike fixed so I've got limited gears, and I had hoped to have the larger cassette dropped in by the time we got to this ride, but I'm out of money, so I'm just going to give it all I've got with what I've got and not worry about it. It can only make me stronger!!

My main concern is that it is going to take so much out of me that I won't be able to stay awake to enjoy our DANE COOK!!! tickets tomorrow night. I am so ready for an evening of laughter!! The kind of laughter that makes your cheeks feel like they are going to fly off your face from smiling so much.
http://www.hilaryshepherd.com/rantsnraves/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/dane-shockr.jpg

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.