Monday, July 20, 2009

River Livin'

Had a great long weekend camping! I took the kids down to meet up with my Mom who was camping solo this past week and had told anyone who wanted to come keep her company to show up. She ended up with quite a cast of characters! By the time we arrived late in the week some people had left but several of my favorite aunts and uncles and my grandmother (camping in her own hip little camping van) were still there. My brother and his family showed up and then Dad, too - so it was great seeing every one!

A lot of swimmin'...


A lot of fishin' with Grammy...


A lot of river time on the boat with Grammy...


Just my cutie pie...


More river time...


A 12" Bass (good catch, Jack!)...


Watch out BFF, Natalie, there's a new "Buddy" in town...


Fish for breakfast, Mai?...


Side trip to Loon Lake with cousins...


S'mores...


The Bogeyman showing up after someone crossed the "Bogeyman line" around the fire pit...

2 comments:

Krissa said...

Great pics. Looks like a lot of fun. However, I am scared to death of swimming in water when you cannot more than a foot below the surface. FREAKS ME OUT! CANT DO IT!

A Prelude To... said...

Krissa - you are missing out on SO much fun!!! I've always loved the water, but I also get freaked out if I think about it too much, but swimming with the fish at Klineline Pond for tri training pretty much cured me of worrying about what's under there. Just gotta get it out of your mind :O)
I know...easier said than done.