Monday, August 31, 2009

Heroes

I find myself seeing heroes everywhere I look lately - people who are related to me, people who I've never met, my friends - I'm blown away by the positive impact they are having on my heart and soul. My parents and grandparents have always been the heroes closest to me, but as I spent the weekend camping with my aunts and uncles and cousins I came to realize just how lucky I am to have these fantastic people in my life. I've always loved them but it's been too easy to forget that so many people don't have families like this - full of everyday heroes!! I am blessed.

I also have some pretty amazingly dedicated friends as well - from raising thousands and thousands of dollars for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society year after year to taking their triathlon training to a whole other level - 14 TNT friends just finished Ironman Canada yesterday!!! Sheryl, my most spectacular tri training partner, being one of them!! I am so amazed at her dedication in this endeavor - 15:11 had her crossing the finish line!! I cried tears of immense pride as each of these 14 marvelous people crossed the finish line last night and wondered about the thoughts going through their minds as they each reached their destination of being an Ironman or Ironwoman.

I cannot finish this post without a link to a website of an incredible mother, wife, woman, beautiful child of God who teaches me something every single day without even knowing me ~ http://nieniedialogues.blogspot.com/

No comments: