Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Pom Freckles


Mai and have come to love poms this week. Do you see her pom freckles that she acquired after I ripped apart two pieces? She has decided she doesn't like the seeds, so just de-juices them in her mouth and then out come the seeds. I, on the other hand, love the crunch!

Yesterday's biggest lesson for me from The Prayer That Changes Everything (PTCE) was that it is easy to praise God for the beauty of this Earth ~ the wonders of the world, waterfalls, beautiful sunsets, but that we often don't praise God for other people - in particular those that are hard to love. This entire chapter was worth the read for this reminder. He is my creator, he is their creator.

I managed to somewhat successfully complete Day one of Jack Canfield's task regarding former business activities. My shredder was kept busy and my desk got clean. Unfortunately, regular work took more time than I thought, so this will be continually worked on throughout the month.

Today I need to look at promises not kept, not acknowledged, or not renegotiated. I will respond to a client's question that's been on my desk since last week or longer and I'm going to ask Steve and the kids if they have something they want to remind me of. This should be interesting.

GREAT BREAKING NEWS!! I ran yesterday! Four miles and relatively pain free. Just before mile three I felt something pull in my heel and I immediately had pain up my ankle for about 30 seconds or less and then it went away and the rest of the run was fine!! As soon as I pulled it to a walk going up our hill though, the ankles started talking...BUT THE RUN WAS FINE!! My legs are sore today. I can't remember ever being this sore after a short run - that goes to show you how long I've been out of it! If Mike doesn't need me to take him swimming today, I might just try another run - otherwise tomorrow.

This is great timing because a TNT teammate is starting a running group to improve speed - most are trying to get to a 4 hour marathon for a Feb race, which I don't think I would be able to do with lack of base, but it would be fun to start running with a group again. We're meeting tonight!

4 comments:

Kimberly Rae said...

one of my fav things to eat that I often forget about when I'm shopping, well that, and they can be expensive....

A Prelude To... said...

VERY expensive!! I couldn't believe the difference between stores, though! I saw Safeway had them buy one get one free today.

Katy said...

I just looked at your last post and almost cried -- I call my grandparents Grammy and Grumpy!

Congrats on the no-pain running...awesome!

A Prelude To... said...

That's so funny Katy ~ my kids have called him "Grumpy" before by accident :o)