Sunday, March 14, 2010

So...very...tired...

I am falling asleep here at my desk, so I thought I would do a blog post and try to wake up before continuing my work. Why am I working on Sunday? Because I have jury duty this week and I'm afraid that I will be awfully behind if I don't get a little ahead of things this weekend. This brings me to my kind of blah hike today. I think I was so stressed out about not being at home working or grocery shopping or studying that I kind of ruined my own time away from it all. I did get in an hour and a half of breaking in the new boots, but I just wasn't feeling it out there today. I'll tell you my lunch story and since it was the highlight of my hike, you'll be able to see how downhill the rest of it was.

So...
I brought a 1/2 turkey sandwich to eat after my hike, but about 40 minutes in, I was so starving that I called a lunch break and Ki and I sat down on a rock and I broke out the sandwich. First mistake was in not bringing Ki her own treat. As I'm getting the sandwich out of the baggie, I realize that my butt is suddenly very cold and sopping wet. I jump up and realize the mouthpiece came off my camelback and it's busting out all over me. As I grab the tube, Ki realizes that I'm preoccupied and goes for the sandwich. She got one bite before I regained control. So between holding on to her leash as she's going for my sandwich, while trying to get the mouthpiece back on, I completely soak the sandwich.
But
I
Don't
Care.
I'm so ravenous that I immediately decide to eat it anyways. So, I've got the dog backed off with my foot, I'm inching the mouthpiece back on with my fingernails of one hand and keeping the wet sandwich up high with the other. Finally, I'm ready to eat...as I switch the sandwich from left hand to right, my butter fingers lose control and the sandwich flies up in the air...and as you know, what goes up, must come down. Right into the mud. So I give the muddy side to Ki and I end up with a 1/2 of a 1/2 of a wet soggy dirty sandwich. Best sandwich I ever had. I don't know why I was so hungry.

So I came home to this kind of activity
and a smart boy that didn't even bother getting out of his PJs today


and now I'm ready for bed...
but I still need to go shopping and finish working. It must be the time change messing with me - so sleepy...so hungry.

No comments: