Friday, August 27, 2010

Play Ball !!

On this lovely Friday we had a play date scheduled with some friends, so we headed up to Mt. Talbert again. Jack had an ankle injury apparently caused by sitting on his butt playing computer games. Don't ask...I have no idea how that happened, but it sure swelled up good, so he was out of the picture.

I DID remember to print out some REI Adventure Journals for the kids this time. Check them out the next time you take your kids on a hike or outdoor adventure.
http://www.rei.com/pdf/kidsPassport/pta_journal_09.pdf
http://www.rei.com/pdf/kidsPassport/2010_kids_adventure_journal.pdf


Mai and I took it easy today for the Out of the Box Challenge and got out the ball and gloves to play catch for half an hour. We had a lot of fun. She's getting really good at both catching and throwing so I hope she reconsiders and plays ball again next Spring. Our friend said Mai is the girliest tomboy she's ever met. I agree. What a perfectly wonderful combination they are on her!!

I'm off to watch Into The Wild.

There is a pleasure in the pathless woods,
There is a rapture on the lonely shore,
There is society, where none intrudes,
By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
I love not man the less, but Nature more...
- Lord Byron

No comments: