Friday, September 3, 2010

Intrinsic Beauty

 http://dotchuoinon.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/fiery-heart.jpg
It's Day Three of 30 DSLR and I have to say, today was the hardest so far for me. What do I find beautiful IN me -vs- outer beauty? I'm embarrassed that there was such a struggle for me to find something. Guess I'm feeling less beautiful on the inside than I thought.

After a long day of house cleaning and some SOCCER PLAYING... I, ironically, found myself with a mud mask on my face and a deep conditioning treatment on my hair, leaning into the wall of the shower and trying to come up with something intrinsically beautiful about me while I tried to beautify the outside. I think that what I know is there ... is not always shown on the outside. I have a deep love for my family - not just Steve and the kids, or even my parents and brother, but a deep love even further out for my grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins. I don't think it comes across that way often enough, but it's a true deep love for them all and I think that is beautiful about me. I also have a huge heart for women and young girls now that I NEVER would have expected from myself. I'm not sure where I'm going with it, but it's heat often catches me by surprise. Absolute surprise where my heart starts to pound and I have deep joy for something I'm not even able to put into words or complete ideas yet, but that just feels 100% like I'm headed in the right direction.

1 comment:

Helen said...

Love this and the picture! PERFECT add on!!