Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Self Confidence

Today's topic over at Tina's 30 Days of Self Love was self confidence. It was a great topic to start off the month and really relevant to me right now. I have an idea on where I want to go with personal training and although I might call it a dream, it's really not a "dream" because it is totally within the realm of my possibility. It CAN happen - I just need to make it happen and it really all comes down to confidence in myself. In one way, it's completely exciting to know for a fact that it's not only a possibility but if I want it to happen, it will. Exciting, I say!!

The kids and I were in the car on an errand and so I asked them if they knew what self-confidence was. They guessed around a bit, but couldn't quite pinpoint it, but once I explained in ways they understood, they were off and running with it. You wouldn't believe how many times today Mai said to me, "Mama, I'm feeling Verrrry Self-confident right now" in regards to whatever we happened to be doing. It was too cute.
The conversation brought out some fears from Jack about school starting and in that respect it was a very helpful conversation for me to help ease some concerns on his part and to let him know I'm available to talk.

Unfortunately for my housecleaning project, I'm coming down with some type of sinus problem...my head is killing me. We made it to the gym and then the kids and I played Hacky Sack for our challenge workout today. It was fun.

We suck. Well...Mai's self-confidence is at an all-time high, so she thinks she's awesome at the sack.
I still suck.

I finally decided that even with a headache I could at least clean the linen closet. There are very few linens in there, but lots of cr@p. I managed to part with a scale that hasn't been used since 2004, 3 old board games that had so many missing pieces that they haven't been playable since the 80s, and a soap dispenser that looks really cute, but can't squirt out enough soap at one time to wash a bug's butt.
I feel pretty good about it :-)

5 comments:

Wendy @ Seriously Sassy said...

Very few linens but lots of crap. I can so relate!
Your hacky sack workout looked fun. Don't you love unconventional means of exercise? Sweet!
Have a super day! :-)

RunToTheFinish said...

i love tina's challenge!

my hubs can do hacky sack and I can't figure it out how he's not amazingly coordinated or anything, but i am HORRIBLE!

A Prelude To... said...

If I had an extra 10 hours a day to practice hacky sack, "maybe" I would be able to do a run of 6 or 7 kicks in a row...
My son kept whining "it's too hard...it's too hard" and I wanted to ring his neck...but I also wanted to whine "it's too hard, it's too hard!" but instead I pretended it was fun :-)

It really was fun, it's just hard to suck that bad at something!

Krissa said...

All I saw in this post were your legs. :) You look so fit!

Just scanned through some of your pics and noticed Falls Creek Falls. Caught my eye cause I have been there...except it is in Tennessee! :)

Love all your pics.

A Prelude To... said...

I think it's such a funny name: Falls Creek Falls. So redundant.