Sunday, October 17, 2010

It's Close To Midnight ...

...and something evil's lurking in the dark.
Oh People - I am tired! After spending several hours with six of the giggliest, loudest, laughiest group of 10 year old girls plus one cute 6 year old at a birthday party Friday night, we resumed the festivities again Saturday morning at CeramiCafe (http://www.ceramicafenw.com/) which has become my new favorite place. Next time, I'm going without any kids and I'm going to treat myself to some alone time with just me and some paint and a brush and some peace and quiet. Now that's some therapy!

I spent most of yesterday afternoon in a fog or napping and thinking I should call the gym to say I couldn't keep my volunteer commitment at The Girlfriends Half Marathon today, but I held off and sure enough, I felt better this morning. As I was driving up to Vancouver in the wee of this a.m., my snowflake light bleeped on and I realized that my hiking skirt might have been a poor choice for the day. I was right. FIVE hours of handing out water and power drinks in the shade and cold. I was shaking so bad that my body was trembling uncontrollably. BUT it was so worth it to give assistance to 2300 women raising money for cancer research - they were awesome!

I drove home, warmed up good by my butt warmers and the heater set up to the hottest high it's got and remembered MIL wanted to head over to her neighbor's spooky house. It even has it's own website if you're local and in a ghoulish mood ~ http://www.davisgraveyard.com/Welcome.htm
I gathered the kids up and off we went...
Now I think it's down I go...
to bed.
I feel like I ran the race instead of just watched it. All that shivering made for a good workout...

1 comment:

Helen said...

Haaaaaaaayyyyyyy. Where's my post? I commented last night on how much I love your neighbours!!! What a weekend you had, Julie - I wonder how many calories you burned on race day? LOL