Thursday, October 14, 2010

It's a God Thing

You know how things often seem to happen in mulitples? For instance, you feel convicted about something when watching a tv show, then the next day at church your pastor addresses that very issue and when you get home from church you check your e-mail and at the end of someone's e-mail their signature contains the exact same bible verse your pastor was talking about. It's a God thing. To me it means "PAY ATTENTION, JULIE!!!"

This totally happened to me this week. Do you know the Women of Faith theme this year is Imagine? It is. The bible verse that they base their whole weekend on is Ephesians 3:20 ~
"God can do anything, you know - far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams!" (MSG)

It was a great weekend, as you can imagine!

Yesterday I gathered up myself rather slowly to get to bible study. It's a 6 week study that we've dragged out into 12 weeks. I say dragged because I've had a really hard time getting into this study. The first speaker that we spent 4 weeks with was not my cup of tea. As I've told anyone and everyone who will listen to me, I don't like her mannerisms, I don't like her style of "preaching" and I have had a hard time even getting into the study - what she was trying to teach us just wasn't getting through to me. I would finish reading my homework and have no idea what I had just read. It wasn't sinking in. So I wasn't looking forward to the first hour of bible study (discussion) yesterday. I finally showed up a bit late, just hoping the video would be rolling with the next speaker, who I was praying would snap me out of this fog and get me back into some type of involvement in this study.

Guess what her topic is for the next 4 weeks? Ephesians 3:20-21!

It's a God thing. I'm paying attention.


I'm also still paying attention to what I learned during my 30 Day Out of the Box Challenge - you can have a lot of fun while getting some really good exercise. I think it also stuck with Steve because when we had an extra hour before needing to pick up the kids from school yesterday, he said "Let's go play some tennis". So we did. The kids and I had bought rackets during the challenge and messed around with them a bit, but Steve and I actually got the sweat on yesterday. What fun!

I leave you with this to ponder today ~
God can do anything, you know - far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams. Ephesians 3:20

2 comments:

Helen said...

Julie, I love that Steve is such a willing participant! A family that plays together, stays together. if I could just get Dan to take time of work...I could teach him that little verse!!!

How's P90X going? Did you try the stretch DVD yet? You're gonna like it!!!!! (say that in a little girl voice when you read it!!!)

A Prelude To... said...

I haven't done the stretch dvd yet. I think it's on for Sunday? I think I'm yoga tomorrow...
should suck.
:D