Friday, January 13, 2012

Triple D means Triple Yum!

Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives with Guy Fieri. You guys love it as much as I do, right? Between Triple D and Man Vs Food, I've got a lot of restaurants on my list that I need to try. After Steve saw this episode a week or two ago, he just KNEW he had to take me there for lunch.



So, not knowing whether or not I would feel guilty about indulging in this spectacular goodness when my Biggest Loser group starts at the club on Monday, I figured yesterday was as good a time as any to take Steve up on his offer for lunch.We headed to Pine State Biscuits and wanna guess what I ordered? Well...Biscuits OF COURSE! And sandwiched in between those buscuits was the yummiest deep fried chicken, topped with bacon and cheese...topped with gravy...topped with egg!

Ohhhhhhh....the delight! If you're ever in Portland...and you're in a gravy mood...you've got to check out Pine State Biscuits.
Next time in, I'm trying their biscuits with butter and local jams. Holy Yum!!!!

No worries, Biggest Loser Team...after the dust settled, I did an amazing 20 minute HIIT run on the treadmill before heading to work. And no surprise, I ate this at noon and didn't get hungry again until 8:30pm!!

16 comments:

Jill said...

Hahahah....this is making me laugh. Thankfully, I don't like gravy, but if that were pie or cake.....

I'm excited about your BL group :).

misszippy said...

That is a serious sandwich! I'm sure you will have it off in no time.

They just shot an episode around here at a Mexican place. I want to get in there!

Rene' said...

We love that show and that sandwich looks awesome.

adena said...

I'm equally happy and sad that I don't live in the US near any of the places featured on triple D. Best show EVER!

CautiouslyAudacious said...

Holy rusted metal batman, I'm full just from looking at the pic of the sandwich!!!

Elizabeth said...

omg. amazing. portland seems to have lots of fabulous eats. i will need to plan several extra days (when i eventually make it out there) to just eat.

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

That looks amazing! and I get to eat a salad for lunch. oh goody

Raina said...

Oh my goodness that thing would kill me. No doubt I'd be hungry again in an hour too!!

Unknown said...

I saw that episode and said "I need to go there!" Next time I'm in PDX, I'm going. I did find a good biscuit place up here called "Serious Biscuits" which is really good too. :)

Coy Martinez said...

I don't have words for what I just saw in the picture. I started salivating. It's a hunk of food that looks AMAZING!

I hit the Man Vs. Food spots when I can. Life's good things! :)

Julie said...

OH my!!! There are no words to describe that. I was just looking at the list of resturants around my town to try the other day.

Average Woman Runner said...

THAT IS INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kate Geisen said...

Aw, man...that biscuit looks good! Not so sure about all the stuff on it, but I love me some warm biscuits.

HD said...

Hahaha! The sandwich doesn't appeal to me, but I love triple D! There's a couple places in SLC that he's been to and of course we had to check out and they totally lived up to expectations.

Good job working it off :)

Ransick said...

Yum, that looks delicious! I love those food shows too.

Fruit Fly said...

OH.

MY.

GOSH.

!!!!