Saturday, December 22, 2007

Julie Goes It Alone - Trail #3 Glendover Fitness Trail Loop




















Julie Goes It Alone - Trail #3 Glendover Fitness Trail Loop

Ki is down for two weeks after her surgery so this week I chose the one trail in our book that doesn't allow dogs. I wish I had known about this 2 mile loop around the Glendover Golf Course when I was training for the marathons - it's great! I was in horrible pain from my shin splints for the first three miles. In fact, I almost stopped after the first loop but decided I wanted to take some pictures so stopped and grabbed my camera out of the truck and went for one more loop. Finally, at mile 3, my legs felt fine - no pain at all, so I headed out for a third loop after dropping the camera back at the car (my pics were nothing great - too rainy and I was just getting it soaked!) It sure was pretty out there, though. I contemplated making a 4th and 5th loop for a good 8 or 10 miles, but I haven't even started my Christmas shopping yet, so I headed home with 6 under my belt and now I'm headed out to Toys R Us - which should be a nice calm experience this weekend, right?

No comments: