Saturday, January 5, 2008

Kiara Tackles the Trail - Trail # 5 Leif Erickson Trail in Forest Park




































Kiara Tackles the Trail - Trail # 5 Leif Erickson Trail in Forest Park (are all these pictures starting to look the same or what?)

Had a great time at the TNT meeting today and I officially start training for the Pacific Crest 1/2 Ironman on January 26th. The event is on June 28th in Sunriver.

After the meeting (and poor Ki being stuck in the back of the truck for an hour and a half) we headed to Forest Park and did 6 miles on Leif Erickson. This trail SUCKS because it is uphill. But it's awesome, 'cause the whole way back is DOWNhill!!!! It was pouring buckets this a.m. so I was pleasantly surprised it did not rain on us at all. Definitely some patches of fog and lots of green and moistness, but it was a great run. I had Ki on a gentle leader for the first time and it worked AWESOME! She didn't seem to mind too much...it actually made me able to run faster with her.

Hopefully I'll have another trail report if I get to run with Dad tomorrow.

No comments: