Friday, May 30, 2008

Tri Virgin


Tomorrow is my very first triathlon. It's an unofficial race built into our training program to get us prepped for the 1/2 ironman. Working on transitions and stuff I assume. The Portland Tri Club is putting it on so there will be a good amount more people there than the team is used to. We have an official race at Blue Lake in a couple weeks as well - I'll be doing the olympic distance at that one. I'm not really sure how long tomorrow's race is. I think it's an 800m swim, 40k bike and 10k run but I'm not entirely sure.

I'm going into this thing pretty low key. No nerves yet and I know a lot of that has to do with another great pool swim on Wednesday and yet another trip out to Vancouver Lake with Melanie and about 7 or 8 others last night. 'Twas cold. We swam about 1700 meters before calling it a night. At one point I felt Melanie smash my foot with her hand and I wondered what that was all about and when I turned around to see what's up - she was a whale's length behind me, so I'm not sure what smacked me and I don't really want to think about it too much more :p

I've been itchy ever since, too. Hope I didn't catch some weird fungus or something. I've already caught some other weird bumpy thing from the gym pool. I'm so tired of seeing some of the weird stuff that floats around in there. Goggles are overrated.

For any of you last minute donators to The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society - we have just a few more days to reach our fundraising minimums - So cough it up soon! Ahem, I mean all donations are welcome :o)

An update on Natasha - she's in the midst of her transplant and not feeling so good at all, so please keep this small child in your prayers.

Good news (so to speak) for Mom. She's been having back pains and her recent lab work is again showing her"bad" numbers to be rising but her doctor says that it's not yet at a point where they would start treatment again. He did schedule her for an MRI though to find out what is going on with her back and it turns out to be arthritis. Hooray! Who knew arthritis could be such a good diagnosis?! We'll take it! But please keep her in your prayers as well.

Off to sack out - Steve's gone for 3 days out in "who knows where" Oregon with a bunch of guys camping and chasing jackrabbits on their dirt bikes, so I'm here alone with the kiddos. First time ever I think that we've been here without him.

1 comment:

GClef1970 said...

I keep checking back through Bloglines to see if you posted yet!! How'd you do? How'd you do???