Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I Wish Everyday Was A Monday...















I wish everyday was a Monday...if Monday's were more like yesterday turned out. Tons of sun, in the 80s, I only had to work for 3 hours and the rest of the day was spent reading in the sun, putting on our swimsuits and playing badminton in the backyard, and Ladies golf last night. What a perfect night at the golf course. Tracy was working the wine table, so we got to spend a lot of time talking ;o) She also had the best skewers of perfectly ripened strawberries, pineapple and melon. Mmmmm. It was a smallish group last night, so lots of individual attention at the driving range.

I returned a phone call from a woman who responded to my ad in the on-line church classifieds asking for garage sale donations for my TNT fundraiser. She's not even a member of my church yet, but has visited and she saw the ad and thought she would call me. She just moved and she has a ton of stuff for me to sell: a hutch, chest of drawers, new mattress/box springs and lots of other stuff. She said she had also already called some of her friends to see if they could donate anything!! What a nice lady! To top it off, she has run 26 marathons!! and 4 of them were with Team in Training. She lost her mom to Leukemia about 10 years ago. Anyways, I always just get so excited about the niceness of strangers. I want to be one of those strangers!!

So, I plopped in bed at 9pm and was out like a light. Now I'm up nice and early and if I can drink this coffee a little faster, I think I'll be able to get to the gym and back for a swim before the wee ones wake up.

Have a great Tuesday!!!

2 comments:

Krissa said...

You are one of those people :)

26 marathons! WOW! She is impressive.

Hope you get lots of donations. If I lived any closer I would give you stuff to sell and clean out the basement.

Anonymous said...

Your day sounded wonderful, glad you enjoyed it :)