Monday, November 30, 2009

The Sum Total Is Love

 

I don't meet your eyes. I give you no time. I don't care to like you. I just don't.
What did you do to me? Nothing.
What are you like underneath it all? It doesn't occur to me.
I am better than you. I am more important than you. Is that what I'm telling you?
You do it to me too, you know. I've surely felt the stab of inadequacy. I've felt you don't care about me. I am nothing. I am less.
Did you know what you were doing anymore than I know when I do it? 

Is this all a lie? Do I really not know when I'm doing it? Do I walk away and know what I've just done and choose to not turn around and change the end of the story?
Are we that callous? How many times a day do we hurt someone and not even care to notice.

I know we're complete strangers, but maybe we shouldn't be.



Don't run up debts, except for the huge debt of love you owe each other. When you love others, you complete what the law has been after all along. The law code- don't sleep with another person's spouse, don't take someone's life, don't take what isn't yours, don't always be wanting what you don't have, and any other "don't" you can think of - finally adds up to this: Love other people as well as you do yourself. You can't go wrong when you love others. When you add up everything in the law code, the sum total is love. - Romans13:8-10 (MSG)







1 comment:

Krissa said...

wow. very powerful.